Hi everyone, a warm welcome to a leap of faith that we will be able to get some great cruising and sailing in this coming season. It goes without saying that this is very much a provisional and flexible programme, which as well as the usual proviso of reasonable weather, may also be subject to Covid government restrictions. The one bright spot is that hopefully, the majority of us senior members may have had our vaccinations by Easter time.
Last year, we did not book places to dine until we had actually arrived at a destination. This gave more flexibility for each boat to decide what they wanted to do for a meal within the current covid restrictions and need for social distancing. We will do the same this year.
We also have some enthusiastic walkers and explorers in our group, so usually a trip out or walk is organised with those who enjoy something more energetic.
Another innovation for 2021 is the introduction of camping (caravan, campervan and camping) opportunities for members alongside some cruising dates, to extend our club social life and activities within covid guidelines. Some separate camping only dates are also included.
We welcome all members by whatever means to all of our cruise events, however you choose to get there. We would love to see more of you, especially as our usual club social evenings and events, out of necessity, have been severely curtailed for most of the last year.
Cruising and Camping dates so far…
- April 9th-11th, Friday – Sunday, to Woodbridge Tidemill Marina. 11.40am, neaps. Suggest we try to practice/sail in the Deben if weather poor instead, and/or perhaps a social meet at Waldringfield.
- Camping: talk to Harbourmaster at Tidemill for permission to park in car park.
- April 28-30th Wednesday – Friday, Titchmarsh Marina or Walton and Frinton yacht club.( very high tide).
- Camping: seek permission from harbourmaster to park in car park.
- May 14th – 17th Friday – Monday, Royal Harwich Yacht Club 2 nights, back to Shotley Marina for 1or 2 nights.
- Camping: permission may be given to park in their car parks.
- May 27th- 30th, Thursday- Monday. Aldeburgh (public moorings or Aldeburgh yacht club,) 2 nights, back to Orford harbour moorings on 29th.
- Camping: Church Farm campsite Aldeburgh.
- June 15th -18th Tuesday – Thursday to Brightlingsea, leaving from Levington, Suffolk Yacht Harbour on15th, until 18th, or cruise can continue for longer in the Blackwater/Crouch.
- Camping: Lakeside Campsite in Brightlingsea, various sites around the Blackwater.
- July 8th, Thursday from Levington to London St Catherines arrive July 9th via Queenborough, for up to a week, and/or down south for as long or as far as members feel inclined. To be finalised …..
- Camping: Abbey Wood Campsite is recommended, with easy access into central London, perhaps to see a show or two?
- August 20th, – 22nd, Friday to Sunday, Ipswich Haven Marina. With luck, to be confirmed, this may be the Maritime weekend with many activities and events available around the waterfront. Traditionally we usually have a great turnout from FFSC, enjoying the social life, dining together etc.
Camping only: (thanks to Colin Lister)
|Saturday||01.05.21||Camping at Aldeburgh (Early May BH)||Members need to book individually||F&C on beach/BBQ’s/walks|
|Friday||09.07.21||Camp Burnham Deepdale (N Norfolk)||Members need to book individually||Great site in walking distance pubs etc|
|Friday||20.08.21||Camp Cherry Hinton (Cambridge)||Members need to book individually||Buses into Cambridge, local pub|
|Thursday||23.09.21||Bay View – Eastbourne||Members need to book individually||Edge Sovereign Harbour. Lots of activities|
New cruises and camping opportunities may well be added as conditions allow, along with spur of the moment trips, which will be advertised on the Cruising WhatsApp Group.