It is with regret that the organising team has agreed that it is no longer in the interest of the competitors, class associations or the club to continue. This event has taken an enormous amount of effort to organise and it is unfortunate that we have overcome the covid mitigation activities only to be beaten by the weather.
We have been monitoring the forecast continually over the past week and it has been extremely variable but with at least one better day. The forecast now much closer to the event has increased and there no longer appears to be a window suitable for running the event.
The competitors and the boats entered range in ability and the ethos of the event has always been to get everyone out and have fun. This isn’t possible and although I am sure several boats could go out (and possibly come back) this should be balanced against the effort and time of volunteers and the reputational risk to all involved.
The event plan was great and I welcome you to join us for the 2021 event.
Refunds have now been issued to all those who have paid. Please allow 7 days for this to be processed and get in touch if there are any issues.
Felixstowe Ferry Sailing Club