Sailing at Felixstowe Ferry on the River Deben and the North Sea has been going on since the 1920’s and it continues to thrive with good numbers of junior and adult sailors.
Felixstowe Ferry Sailing Club (FFSC) was established in 1931. The premier sailing venue on the East Coast. The membership for FFSC has grown over the years and continues to increase due to more and more people and families wanting to sail and get out on the water.
Felixstowe Ferry Youth Sailing (FFYS) is part of the FFSC. There are over 60 junior members of FFSC and over 30 of them sail regularly throughout the year. This is a great and affordable chance for any family in the area to have their children sailing in the best waters on the east coast. FFYS have expert instructors, safety cover and safe dinghies.
There is plenty to enjoy for beginners and skilled dinghy and multihull sailors, yacht and powerboat cruisers, or for those that just enjoy the best views of the river Deben and the North Sea from the clubhouse.
FFSC offers many facilities that help you to get involved, they include:
- Dinghy sailing with club racing on a Wednesday night throughout the summer months (starting just after Easter) and many Sunday morning trophy races. Great for all the family.
- Felixstowe Ferry Youth Sailing for 10-18 year olds. Training and fun days arranged throughout the year.
- “Sailing in Company” where club members can sail with other members for fun. Great family day out. It’s designed for the more leisurely sailor and families. Sailing the beautiful river Deben, sometimes out along the coast and sometimes we have a BBQ or visit a public house along the Deben. We have full safety cover with trained powerboat drivers.
- “Hire a Dinghy” FFSC own a number of sailing dinghies that members can hire out on a case by case basis. Rates are affordable and you can use the dinghies for race or social sailing.
- Yacht sailing A lively and sociable cruising section for yacht owners and motor cruisers. Regular cruises organised both on local waters and further afield for longer adventures.
- RYA Sailing training, FFSC’s training centre is affiliated with the RYA and offers many sailing courses.
- RYA Power boat training which includes RYA levels 1&2 and safety boat courses.
- RYA First Aid courses All training is available to both members and non-members.
- National championships & Open meetings FFSC hosts mono-hull and multi-hull sailing regattas regularly. FFSC invite sailors from all over the UK to participate.
- Lively Social calendar of themed dinner nights and regular events for club members and their friends and family throughout the year.
- “Art at the Ferry” where we have 25 local artists and crafts people that exhibitor their artwork. This year 10th and 11th April 2020 10am til 4pm.
- “Club open days” supported by the RYA, FFSC take novices out sailing & power boat rides. This year 21st June 2020 10am til 4pm
- Club Hire where the clubhouse is a fantastic venue for your wedding or party. An ideal setting with the best view of the River Deben and the North Sea.
- Bar is well stocked with Adnams beers and many other soft and alcoholic drinks. The Bar Steward Colin will be there to help you.
- Galley offers tasty food at reasonable prices.
Do you want to be part of this great club?
FFSC welcomes visitors at any time the club is open. So why not drop in sometime.